Savoury pancakes Recipe using Ayurda Spice Mix
By Rippan Sandhu
1)Take besan, carom seeds, and Ayurda Spice Mix, salt in a bowl and mix well.
2) Add all the vegetables (onion, tomato, spinach, carrot, capsicum, carrot, green chili, cilantro) and Mix well, so all the flour is coated to veggies
3) Then mix in yogurt.
4) Add little water at a time and make lump free batter. If you dump all the water at once, you will get lumps of besan. Batter should be runny , adjust the water to get right consistency of batter, Also do a taste test to check salt.
5) Heat the pan or tawa on medium heat. Once hot drizzle about 2 teaspoons of oil and let it get heat up. Once oil is hot, pour the ladleful of batter and spread it to make round shape pancake. Let the cheela gets cook on one side about 2 minutes or till gets golden brown.
6) Drizzle some oil on top and then flip it using spatula. Cook other side for 1-2 minutes.
7) Once both sides are cooked, remove it to plate and serve.
Serve besan cheela or besan puda as a breakfast or snack with coriander chutney, tamarind date chutney and ketchup on side.
It can be served with toasted bread and a cup of tea.