Ayurveda is the only science which works on the fundamental principle that every human being is born with their own unique body constitution or Prakriti.
Your body type is determined at the time conception. This is because both the sperm and ovum contain the three primary energies - Vata,
Pitta and Kapha. If the sperm is stronger, then the newborn will be dominant with the quality carried in the male sperm or vice versa.
Once you know your body’s constitution it becomes much easier for an individual to live a healthy life by following a compatible lifestyle and diet that keeps the body’s constitution in balance. If at any stage an in-balance occurs, it is much easier to structure a specific program to redress the imbalance rather than just treating the symptoms of the illness as they occur.
• Helps you understand your body and its requirements.
• Helps you maintain optimal health.
• Helps you to maintain a good and balanced personal, family and professional life.
• Helps you to plan your lifestyle according to the requirements of your body.
• Helps you plan a balanced diet.
• Helps you to know how an imbalance is likely to occur in yourself.
To determine your own body type just select below those characteristics that you feel represents you best. Remember to be honest with yourself and not select statements that you wish were true! Each Dosha has its own positive and negative attributes but we must be willing to adopt the positive qualities of our predominant Dosha to achieve perfect balance. (For a better understanding of your body type it is best to visit an Ayurvedic Practitioner in your area).